It’s been such a pleasure reading this year. So many wonderful and unique books and new authors. I’ve got a list of my favorites from this past year. I have one that stands above the rest. And this is hard for me to admit. There are actually several that stand out. I will star those.
- A GENTLEMAN IN MOSCOW, by Amor Towles, is number ONE this year!
- WHEN WE MEET AGAIN by Kristin Harmel.*
- COMMONWEALTH by Ann Patchett*
- THE NEST by Cynthia Sweeney*
- THE SWANS OF FIFTH AVENUE by Melanie Benjamin*
- THE GUEST ROOM by Chris Bohjalian*
- SWEETBITTER by Stephanie Danler
- SISI by Allison Pataki
- THE VELVET HOURS by Alyson Richman
- THE BLACK WIDOW by Daniel Silva*
- A LOWCOUNTRY HEART by Pat Conroy
- FAITHFUL by Alice Hoffman
I’ve been totally engrossed in reading advance copies of books coming out in the spring 2017. So much so that I am already working on a best of list… I have some exciting books for you this coming year. Those of you who have already signed your book clubs up for my lectures are in for a treat again this season. And those of you who follow my blog will have plenty of fabulous recommends. So, stay tuned. We’re about to enter yet another amazing reading year! Cheers! And thanks so much for being my readers. It means the world.