THE INVISIBLE BRIDGE by Julie Orringer
- SO MUCH FOR THAT by Lionel Shriver
- RICH BOY by Sharon Pomerantz
- SECRET DAUGHTER by Shilpi Somaya Gowda
- THE CLOUDS BENEATH THE SUN by Mackenzie Ford
- GIRL IN TRANSLATION by Jean Kwok
- YOU HAD ME AT WOOF by Julie Klam
- MY READING LIFE by Pat Conroy
- CLEOPATRA by Stacey Schiff
- THE IMPERFECTIONISTS by Tom Rachman
- RUSSIAN WINTER by Daphne Kalotay
I had originally intended to make a top ten list, but this is what came of it. I have eleven! These books are outstanding.
I look forward to the new books arriving in the New Year. I have two reviews in the wings already, just waiting for their pub dates. LEFT NEGLECTED by Lisa Genova comes out in January. Genova is the author of STILL ALICE. I loved this new one more than Alice. And, a new author leaps into the scene with THE PARIS WIFE, a novel about Ernest Hemingway’s first wife and their lives in Paris. The author is Paula McLain. Both novels are excellent. Paris Wife comes out end of February. You will be chomping at the bit for this one. Reminds me of LOVING FRANK. I am already convinced both these titles will be important this year.
So, to all you readers, I wish you all a Happy New Year! And, thanks so much for visiting
my blog and making my day.